Important forms

In an effort to expedite your business transaction with the High Commission, and save you valuable time, we have placed the necessary forms on the Internet for you to download at your convenience. You may select the form you need from the list below.

Visa Application Form (NEW!)
Visa Information
Aplication for Renewal of Tanzanian Passport
Endorsement of Change of a Name
Endorsement of Child
Application for Certificate of no Impediment
Tanzanians abroad:
Registration of Tanzanian Nationals Abroad  (NEW!)
Registration of Tanzanian Students Abroad
Forms to be filled in by all Tanzanian students [ FB 236/.. | Posho ]
Registration of Tanzanian Experts Abroad
Media accreditation:

Media accreditation for journalists, photographers, film/video producers mass media researchers and book writers:

Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO),
P.O. Box 9142,
Dar es Salaam
Plot No. 2271/32 – Samora Avenue
Phone 2122771/3, 2110585, 2110200, 2137675
Fax: (022) 2113814, 2124812, 2112850
Application forms for media accreditation

And for Zanzibar, please contact:

Information Department
P.O Box 2754
Tel: 2231073/2231011
Fax: 2231011

Research Permit:

Researchers and academic book writers should send the application and fee directly to:

Director General,
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH)
P.O. Box 4302, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: 255-22-700745/6/9, 75311/2
Fax: 255-22-775313/4,
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Working Permit To process for a Working Permit in Tanzania, please contact :

The Commissioner for Labour,
P.O. Box 9014,
Tel.: +255-22-2118643
Fax: +255-22-2112174

Ministry of Labour Youth and Sports  Development
Permanent Secretary,  
Hifadhi House
Samora Avenue/Azikiwe Road
P.O. Box 1422,
Dar es Salaam.
Tel:  +255 22 2120419, 2110218-9, 2112510
Fax: +255 22 2113082, 229409

Resident's Permit Residents permit are processed in Dar-es-Salaam. Foreign investors are required to apply for Class A Resident's Permit while expatriate staff should apply for Class B Permits. Class C Permits are for other categories such as missionaries and students. Application for Residents Permits should be forwarded to:

The Director of Immigration Services,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
P.O. Box 222,
Tel. +255-22-2118643
Fax +255-22-2112174
Application forms for Class A, B and C Permit


Other forms from the Ministry Of Home Affairs - Immigration Department:

Dependents Pass Form

Click here to download
Passport Application Form Click here to download
Declaration Concerning Citizenship Click here to download
Declaration Renuanciation Of Citizenship Click here to download
Emergence Travel documents Click here to download
Naturalisation married women Click here to download

Getting Married Abroad:

When a citizen of The United Republic of Tanzania desires to contract a marriage with a citizen of another country, a certificate of no impediment is needed if the law of that country requires him/her to produce  one. This certificate is proof that no legal impediment to the intended marriage is known to the responsible authority in Tanzania (Registrar - General of Marriages).

The Embassy does not issue such certificates (RGM. 13) but can make available application forms (RGM. 12). The applicant  must forward these forms directly to:

The Registrar - General of Marriages,
P. O Box 9183,
Dar es Salaam,  (for Tanzanians from the mainland)


Registrar of Marriages,
P.O Box 260
Zanzibar (for Tanzanians from the Island of Zanzibar).

When the certificate is issued, the applicant is supposed to bring it to the Embassy for endorsement.

In order to access these documents you will need to install Acrobat Reader version 5 or higher. You can get this free by clicking the 'Get Acrobat Reader' icon below.